Save Fuel with Hydrogen!
30 Ways To Save On Gas
With the current high prices for gas, everyone is looking for ways
to save gas. You may think that you would have to give up all of your
freedoms accomplish this but that is not exactly correct. You will have
to be more conscious about your driving habits but you will still enjoy
driving and going on those road trips.
Let me ask you this. Have you ever heard of the term "Hypermiling"? Hypermiling is a method of increasing your car's gas mileage by making skillful changes in the way you drive, allowing you to save gas. We will give some techniques used with this method of saving gas but a little example would be to reduce the amount of weight in your car. For example, don't drive around town all week with your golf clubs in the trunk.
If you want to save on gas and put more money back into your pockets. It really is not all that hard. Just put your imagination to work along with some of the tips list here.
Let's start with some techniques that hypermilers use:
- Clean out your trunk. If you are not going on a trip, remove the luggage. Remove anything that you are not going to need when you next hit the road, for example, tool boxes, golf clubs, sports equipment like batting bags filled with bats.
- Remove anything that will create drag on your car such as roof racks and bicycle racks.
- Make sure your tires are pumped up at the suggested manufacture pressure. The higher the pressure, the less rolling resistance.
- When driving, take a route that is less busier even if it is a slightly longer way, distance wise. Setting less in idle traffic will increase gas consumption.
- Leave earlier to get to your destination than normal. When your not in a rush, you generally will not need to speed like a bat out of hell. If you are in traffic to your destination, speeding will lead to a lot of flooring it when you see an opening and breaking suddenly.
- When you know that a stop light of stop sign is about to come up. Take your foot off the gas and coast. Some say that you can get an extra increase in gas savings if you actually put your car in neutral when coming up to a stop.
- When cruising down the freeway, try to maintain the same speed as those in front of you. Keeping behind someone will cut down on the drag onto your car because you will be basically in the air stream.
- Avoid Drive-Thru-Windows that have long lines. The idling is a pure waste of gas. If you visit a restaurant and the drive thru is 4 cars or more deep. Pull in, park and go in to get your meal.
- Use the lowest weight oil recommended for your vehicle. Low-weight oil is easier to pump through an engine, and the engine components will interact more efficiently.
- Even though I think this one is now considered a myth: Turn off your A/C when possible. Now for older cars this may be a good idea. The A/C can rob your engine of power which mean more gas usage. Now for the newer more modern cars. I think the savings would be minimal and you can achieve that bit of savings by using one of the other techniques.
Here are a few more tips and tricks for ways to save gas.
- Use your cruise control. Studies show that you can save on average 7 percent fuel by using it.
- If your family has more than one vehicle. Chose the one with the best miles per gallon. In some cases for long trips, it may be more cost effective to rent a car that has good gas mileage.
- If you have a few errands to run, drive to the farthest one first and work your way back. This will allow for your car to warm up which means when you stop and restart your car. It would take less gas.
- Stay on top of your vehicles service.
- Replace the oil every 3 months
- Make sure the air filter is changed. A poor air filter would cause your car to mix incorrectly.
- Make sure your engine O2 sensor is working properly.
- This one everyone already knows. Carpool!!! If it is not a huge inconvenience to you, you should do this when ever possible.
- Switch to synthetic motor oil.
- Install a cold air intake kit in your vehicle
- Use halo spark plugs for improved combustion efficiency.
- Check Mapquest for the lowest gas prices in your area.
- Plan your trips ahead of time to avoid traffic if possible.
- Use fuel additives like Ethos FR and FFI MPG Caps.
- Install a gas mileage computer chip in your vehicle.
- Do not use cruise control on roads with lots of hills.
Ok so what about trading your car in for a hybrid? All I have to say is if you got the money then why not. Hybrid cars burn clean which helps the environment and takes less gas which keeps money in your pocket.
Hybrid vehicles use battery cells that help cut back on the amount of gas that would normally be needed. As of late I have heard a lot of talk about using water fuel cells. What this is, is a system that breaks out the hydrogen in water and uses that to fuel your car. This is pretty awesome! I have seen reports of people getting as much as a 70% gas savings by using this technology. There are a number of energy enthusiasts and entrepreneurs that have designed a do it yourself water fuel cell kit that will allow you to easily adapt your existing vehicle with this gas savings technique.
Whats scary about the release of this water fuel cell technology by private citizens is that the government will probably find some way to stop them from mass producing such a device because it will take away from the big oil giants.
Save Money On Gas!
- Cheap Fuel Prices
- Best MPG Vehicles
- Gas Mileage Tips
- Hypermiling Guide
- Improve Fuel Economy
- Gas Prices News
- What is HHO Gas?
- Does HHO Really Work?
- Cheap Fuel Prices
Increase Gas Mileage
New testing reveals SOLID proof that Hydrogen Generators really can improve fuel efficiency. More...
Read the Top 30 ways to improve your vehicle fuel economy. How to increase gas mileage in cars, trucks and SUV's. More...
Convert your Vehicle into a Water Fuel hybrid. Build Your own HHO Kits and save gas money. More...